Lately I have not done much programming on my own time or learning new things.
I have been updating my site with images. I found a few sites with images from medieval manuscripts, and I have been adding them to this site. One commenter mentioned there should be more visual variety on this site. I do not have a much in the way of artistic skills, so I decided to go with stuff that is in the public domain.
The images usually do not have anything to do with the content of the post, so if you don’t see a connection, there probably isn’t any.
I got a lot of the images from Wikimedia, and a lot from various state and national libraries in the USA and Europe. I am not affiliated with any of these sites.
Plus I don’t know a lot about art, and this seemed like a good way to learn a bit more about it. I like manuscripts from the start of the Carolingian period to about the twelfth century. Then a lot of stuff starts to look like greeting cards. But Byzantine, Armenian and Georgian manuscripts maintain their quality for a few more centuries.
The only downside to medieval art is they aren’t making any more of it. At some point, I might have to learn some libraries for generative art.
More Lisp/Racket/Clojure coming soon, perhaps with Go or Elixir as well.