- @RenewEnergy_RR Thanks for the follow 20:08:32, 2015-04-15
- @CONSULT4IT Thanks for the follow 20:09:06, 2015-04-15
- @staypufd Thanks for the follow 20:09:22, 2015-04-15
- @kenkousen Nice article. in reply to kenkousen 20:12:31, 2015-04-15
- @BoostCare I tried 2 pay my bill & saw this: No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF 20:09:03, 2015-04-20
- @BoostCare I was able to make a payment a few minutes ago in reply to BoostCare 20:51:23, 2015-04-20
- I got my ssh keys sorted out, so my github commits will show up on my profile page graph again 23:31:19, 2015-04-20
- @thefonso I got Amazon Prime, and I am catching up on the @StarTrek that I missed – but no Babylon 5 on there (at least not streaming) in reply to thefonso 23:36:37, 2015-04-20
I worked a bit on my Groovy Validator project.
I was trying to process the annotation in a class referenced by GroovyASTTransformationClass. I thought that there were a couple of ways it could be done, but none of them seemed to work. I was actually able to create the setter in the class, I inserted a static initializer that called my current annotation transformer that works at runtime, but neither seemed to work.
I plan on moving on to other things for the time being. I might ask for some help on the Groovy mailing list, but if I do, I will have to formulate a coherent request. I asked for help on the list a while back, and I think I included too much detail because I never got a response.
- I will be at next meeting of @AustinGGUG http://t.co/tonGzKyxXV … Topic is Grails 3.0M1 release in reply to AustinGGUG 22:33:49, 2015-02-18
- @luther07 Still in Austin, spending time with @AustinClojure and @AustinGGUG in reply to luther07 19:28:16, 2015-02-23
- I will be doing #GroovyLang or #Clojure at @OpenHackATX – thanks to @EngineYard and @CapitalFactory for hosting 19:29:14, 2015-02-23
- @STLStude If I ever complain about 40 degrees being cold, I will just pack up and move back north in reply to STLStude 19:31:42, 2015-02-23
I have started looking at Clojure. I think it can handle concurrency well, I think functional programming will become more important, and I think all roads lead to Lisp.
I started out by looking at some of the short introductions and tutorials on the Clojure subreddit.
Lisp variants actually have less punctuation than other languages, yet they can still be a bit hard to get used to.
I had a bit of enlightenment about anonymous functions. I could not see where they would be used. One of the tutorials said you would use then when you need a function that you might use only once.
Then I noticed that the tutorials seemed to use them as arguments to the “collection functions”, like map, reduce, filter, remove, split-with. Those functions take a function and a collection as arguments. I noticed that those functions were a common place to use anonymous functions.
- @yanpujante I just found out about Glu. Is Glu the #Groovylang counterpart to Chef or Puppet? 21:31:57, 2015-02-06
- @yanpujante Thanks for the info in reply to yanpujante 15:36:08, 2015-02-07
- @HowWeLearn I know I'm answering this late, but good one is http://t.co/8zNkNE5zPi by @Yegor256 in reply to HowWeLearn 15:41:22, 2015-02-07
- @HowWeLearn Yegor's emphasis on immutability in Java really changed how I think about Java. in reply to HowWeLearn 15:42:09, 2015-02-07
There are still some lists of free DNS servers out there.
I found two at About.com.
The first is called Top Free Internet DNS Servers. It gives some background info on each one.
The better of the two is called Free and Public DNS Servers. It presents them in a list format, which I prefer.
- @FindGrailsJobs Your site seems to be down 21:53:47, 2015-01-20
- Does anyone know if @Genymotion be used to develop #Android apps with #GroovyLang or #Clojure? 23:05:04, 2015-01-21
- @arasthel92 Thanks for the info in reply to arasthel92 08:39:48, 2015-01-22
- RT @philjackson: http://t.co/EA3BxUaTrX – some great #git and #github tips. 08:45:25, 2015-01-22
- @ClojuRRe Thanks for the follow 23:43:27, 2015-01-26
- Issue With #GroovyLang Validator http://t.co/rguXZLWoQu Why does AST code work in GroovyConsole but not in tests? 23:45:16, 2015-01-26